Amazon SQS Node
The Amazon SQS Node allows a workflow to publish a message to one of your Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) integrations.
Configuration for the node is broken up into five sections.
First, choose where to send your message.
- Integration: Choose which of your application’s Amazon SQS integrations you would like to publish the message on.
This section is only part of this node’s configuration when the selected Amazon SQS integration is a first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue.
- Group ID Template: If the selected integration is a first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue, this field is required. The value entered can be a string or a template.
- Message Deduplication ID Template: This field is optional and its value can be a string or a template.
Next, define the content of the message itself. By changing the Message Data Method, you can choose how to construct the message one of two ways:
- String Template: When selected, the message can be created in the form of a string template.
- Payload Path: When selected, the message can pull from a value on your payload as defined through a payload path.
Optionally, you may include include some message attributes along with your message in the form of key/value pairs. There are three methods by which you may include the attributes:
- Individual Fields allows you to enter each key/value separately, with the key and the value both accepting string templates.
- JSON Template accepts an object of key/value pairs in one block. The object may not contain any nested properties, and Handlebars helpers may be used for either the keys or values.
- Payload Path accepts a payload path to an object of key/value pairs on your payload.
Optionally, you can store the message response on the current payload by entering a payload path here. The value will be an object with the following properties:
success: The value is
trueif the message was successfully sent, and
falseif the message failed to send.
error: If the message failed to send, the result will include an
errorobject with properties detailing why the sending failed.